Saturday, March 15, 2008

Springy Break

Spring Break started on Friday, with a resounding putter. I intended to finish all of my government homework on Friday, along with other things, but instead I watched my sister play Super Mario Galaxy on our Wii for around three hours. Then she finished, I ate lunch, and I played Super Smash Brothers Brawl for another two and a half hours until tennis practice. I played really well in doubles but totally bombed in singles. Then I went home, ate dinner, and played Smash Brothers for another two hours, then went to bed.

Today, I got up, went to tennis practice (I was the only top ten girl there, unfortunately, even though I'm ranked aorund 5th or 6th) but fortunately I won my singles match. After that, we drove up to Baltimore to this place called Holibard's Sportscenter. It sells mainly tennis gear along with other obscure sports equipment. They even have a tennis wall where you can demo rackets.

The one problem with this store is that it's insanely complex to get anything done, you order rackets in one place, get help in another place, and pick up demo rackets in a third place, and pay in another. So I felt like a moron the whole time, until I finally found a racket that felt good to demo (which I found on my own without help), which I got. I also got a pair of match shoes that are the team colors, along with some new grip tape. We came home and chilled for a while, then went to Smokey Bones for dinner. Afterwards, we went to Sports Authority to see if they had the same racket for cheaper (they didn't) and then went next door to Target to get me another tennis skort and some ear buds for my Zunebabeh, since my old ones have been on the fritz. I'm not sure if I like these new ones either though.

Oh well, it's late, so I'm gonna watch some old, classic, amazing anime (Rurouni Kenshin for those who care... actually no one cares, since almost no one reads this blog) that my new really good friend Ali lent me, and start on my buttload of government breakwork. I'll write later!

No comments: